Friday, April 15, 2011

My Summer Travel Plans

Although I lost a great SPG transfer partner in Air Canada today, this predicament allows me to place my focus on AA award redemptions. American is also a transfer partner of SPG and recently I just booked my summer trip to Shanghai using 135k AA miles transfered in from SPG. I will be flying Cathay and Dragon Air in First Class, experiencing the award winning service of Cathay Pacific. After a quick and painless call to AAdvantage Mileage Redemption, my itinerary was confirmed as follows.

LAX-HKG-PVG-HKG-SFO-LAX

I will be sampling Cathay's F product on both the 773 and the 744. I am super excited!

Another option I am considering in the future is to use ANA as a transfer partner for SPG Points. ANA miles can be used for flights on Malaysia Airlines, Etihad and Virgin Atlantic

So, although I am devastated by the changes made at Aeroplan, this gives me an opportunity to explore other programs using SPG points.

No comments:

Post a Comment