Thursday, April 15, 2010

$555 ai roundtrip to Hong Kong in October. Booked!

I finally took advantage of a mileage run deal on Flyertalk!!!

Over the past couple of months, I have been checking the mileage run forum on flyertalk almost daily but until this week nothing has enticed me enough to go ahead and book.

Well, you can say I was surprised to see the thread heading. "AC $498 r/t LAS-HKG" Hell I was even willing to travel to Vegas to take advantage of this deal. Many dates were available in September and October. And, I knew I had Columbus day off(I know, we have random holidays off...) so a quick 3 day trip to Hong Kong was in the works. Since, the flights are going to be on Air Canada, it will be a perfect opportunity to credit some miles to my Aeroplan account. Since, the thread said that the fare was only available through cheapoair.com, I had to double check the credibility of the site. It looked legit, I guess...

And out of the whim, I decided to try LAX as my departure city instead of Las Vegas, and to my delight, LAX-HKG was only $60 more expensive. The dates I wanted were also available.(Leaving Friday afternoon, coming back Monday night)

It might sound crazy to most of you(ahem, Adeline) that I will be spending $500 bucks and 30hrs on airplanes for 2 short days in Hong Kong, but what is there really to do in Hong Kong other than shop and eat? Plus, I have a long 9hr layover in Vancouver which will give me an opportunity to visit Vancouver and try out the famous Japadog. Yummm.

Hopefully, my gf can join me in Hong Kong. Trying to entice her with the opportunity to stay at the Conrad Hong Kong. I should have enough Hhonor points by then. And, hopefully, with my Diamond status, I can get a room upgrade and access the club everyone has been raving about.
In the mean time, I will rewatch the No Reservation episode on Hong Kong to see what restaurants Tony Bourdain recommends.

No comments:

Post a Comment