Friday, April 16, 2010

San Francisco Superstar

I don't know what Burmese food is, but it sure was yummy

I've always heard great things about Burmese Superstar in Alameda, I mean, comon this place has over 2000 reviews on Yelp, but going solo to a popular restaurant is never my thing. So when a client suggested we go there for dinner, I jumped at the opportunity.

As expected, the food made this place a Superstar. Even though I still don't know what Burmese Food is exactly, maybe a mix between Chinese, Thai and Indian, it sure packed the best flavoring of all 3 ethnic foods.

We started with the Tea Leaf Salad. This goes down as the best salad I've ever had. I didn't catch all the ingredients but I definitely tasted sesame oil, peanuts, peppers, mushed tea leaf, sesame seeds, and an orgasmic mixture of sauces. And, it paired well with Chimay...my favorite beer.

Most Flavorful Salad EVA

For the main course I got the chili eggplant with shrimp. The flavor was very familiar and it tasted like 鱼香茄子 served at many Szechuan Restaurants but, the eggplant and shrimp were cooked to perfection. My apologies for the lack of pictures, the restaurant was too dark to get a quality image on my Iphone.

The rest of the trip was pretty uneventful. I got upgraded to United First from SNA to SFO but I was too tired to enjoy the experience.

Hertz also upgraded me again to a full size SUV, I love being a Gold Club Member...Although driving around SF in a Ford Explorer is not ideal.


Very Proud of my park job, hehe...

Also I had a wonderful stay at the Embassy Suites Burlingame. My room overlooked the bay and had a great view of planes landing and taking off on 10L/28R and 10R/28L at SFO. I will definitely stay thier again on my next business trip to SF. The hotel provides complimentary made to order omelet for breakfast and a happy hour with free booze. Cant beat that.

A Delta Flight on Final Approach taken from my Hotel Room

No comments:

Post a Comment